QUILOTOA CRATER LOOP
The large crater (3 km in diameter) of this modestly tall volcano is home to a 240 m deep turquoise lagoon that can be reached by walking into the crater at an altitude of 3570 m. The 2 km diameter lagoon is one of the many jewels of Ecuador! Many tourists visit the Quilotoa Lagoon, but only a minority go to the top or a tour of the crater rim, although it is only a hike. For those heading to the Top 10 volcanoes, this is the perfect course for high altitude cardio training! We will begin our adventure at approximately 4:00 am, driving through beautiful landscapes. Then we will arrive in Quilotoa Crater Lake at 9:30 am approx. and we will start trekking around the Quilotoa Lagoon (6 hours approx. – Medium Difficulty). After this activity, we will have lunch and at 17:00 pm approx. we will return to Quito.
Meals included: Lunch.
NOTE.– Minimum 2 people to run the tour!
DepartureQuito / Ecuador
Departure Time4 am
Return Time5 pm
IncludedActivitiesLand TransportationFees and entrances to parks and museumsMeals detailed in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAirport tranfer in & outInternational flight
- Private transportation
- Certified English-speaking national guide
- Quilotoa Crater Loop
What is not included?
- Optional activities and food not mentioned in the program
- The order of the itinerary may change if necessary.
- At the time of the reservation, the entire payment per person is required (non-refundable)
- In case the passengers do not appear to take the tour or cannot travel for any reason, they will be considered as NO SHOW and a 100% penalty will apply.
- If the reservation is not paid in full, no service voucher is delivered.