ITAMANDI ECO-LODGE AMAZON KAYAK
Incredible wildlife and nature expect you on this active trip that will take you to one of the regions with the highest biodiversity in the entire world: the Amazon Rainforest. Enjoy a kayaking adventure in the unique jungle ecosystem of the Amazon. Stay at the Itamandi Amazon eco-lodge and enjoy night hikes and cultural encounters with local tribes.
DepartureQuito / Ecuador
IncludedActivitiesLand TransportationFees and entrances to parks and museumsMeals detailed in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAirport tranfer in & outInternational flight
DAY 1: FIRST KAYAKING EXPLORATION
Early in the morning, we will start our drive across the eastern Andean range towards the Amazon basin. This journey of 4 hours will show you fascinating landscapes of the Amazon forest, waterfalls and small, colorful local villages. Before we get ready for kayaking, a picnic will be served on the river shore.While exploring the upper part of the Arajuno River and paddling downstream for 2 hours, we will be on the lookout for wildlife such as neo tropical otters, caimans, toucans, parrots, monkeys, etc. After reaching and checking in at the Itamandi eco-lodge, you will have the possibility to go on a night hike to discover all the beautiful night-active creatures. Our guide will tell you a lot about the wildlife in the jungle. .
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 2: KAYAKING TO THE ANIMAL SHELTER
Today we will paddle down the river for about two hours discovering the beauty and wildlife that inhabit this river. With some luck, we may see neo tropical otters and caimans; also, colorful tropical birds are quite common along the Arajuno. The animal shelter we are visiting today is home of different species of mammals, birds and reptiles that have been rescued and some have been reintroduced into the wild. Our support is essential for this project to continue. Later we will enjoy a picnic on the riverside and then we will visit the Anaconda Island.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 3: PARROTS CLAY-LICK, HOT SPRINGS AND CLOUD FOREST HIKE
Early in the morning before breakfast, we will take the canoe up the Arajuno river to the parrots clay lick, to watch different types of this colorful birds, after breakfast we will go back up to the Andes to soak in the Papallacta volcanic hot springs and also go for a short walk into the cloud forest to see bromeliads and orchids. In the late afternoon we will be transferred back to Quito.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner.
- Activities: Kayaking and hiking in the Amazon, visiting local Kichwa Community, night jungle walks, swimming in volcanic hot springs, hiking in the Amazon and cloud forest, visit the animal shelter.
- Accommodation based on double occupancy: Amazon Eco-Lodge.
- Transportation: Private and comfortable land transportation and canoe in the Amazon.
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners.
- Gear: Double or single Aire and NRS Inflatable Kayaks, NRS paddling gear and NRS life vest.
- Trip Leader: Certified EPL expert English-speaking adventure trip leader and local guides
- Travel insurance (required).
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses.