IMBABURA VOLCANO SUMMIT
Imbabura is an extinct volcano located 60 km northeast of Quito, near the city of Otavalo. Otavalo is well known for its colorful local market. Imbabura is an independent peak that sits above the impressive San Pablo Lake on the outskirts of Otavalo. This glacial peak was once used to be an important source of ice for local villages. The locals went up the mountain to get ice from the glacier and bring it back to the village. The gentle slopes make this mountain the perfect acclimatization climb for those planning to reach the highest peaks in Ecuador. Our adventure starts around 5:00 am and we will drive through beautiful landscapes. We will arrive at La Esperanza (Ibarra) at 7:00 am and get started for the hike to the Imbabura summit. It will take 8 hours approx. (Difficulty: Advanced). Enjoy the panoramic observation of the Imbabura landscapes: Imbabura Volcano, panoramic view of the volcano’s caldera, panoramic view of the Cayambe and Cotacachi volcanoes and the Mojanda knot, San Pablo Lake, Andean Páramo with its flora and fauna. After this activity, we will return to Quito at 17:00 pm approx.
Meals included: Box Lunch.
NOTE.– Minimum 2 people to run the tour!
DepartureQuito / Ecuador
Departure Time7 am
Return Time5 pm
IncludedActivitiesLand TransportationFees and entrances to parks and museumsMeals detailed in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAirport tranfer in & outInternational flight
- Private transportation
- Certified English-speaking national guide
- Hike to the Imbabura summit
- Panoramic observation of the Imbabura landscapes
- Lunch Box
- Gear (Cases and rope)
What is not included?
- Optional activities and food not mentioned in the program
- The order of the itinerary may change if necessary.
- At the time of the reservation, the entire payment per person is required (non-refundable)
- In case the passengers do not appear to take the tour or cannot travel for any reason, they will be considered as NO SHOW and a 100% penalty will apply.
- If the reservation is not paid in full, no service voucher is delivered.