$135 per person
One of the most beautiful natural sceneries in Otavalo and its province. The Mojanda Lagoon in Tabacundo is surrounded by grasslands and remnants of native forests that maintain a biodiversity representative of the northern Andean moors.
Mojanda is actually a complex of two volcanoes that were active simultaneously. The volcanic vents are only 3 km away. The other volcano, which produced at least two own Plinian eruptions is known as Fuya-Fuya.
We will pick you up at 5:00 am to drive through beautiful landscapes in Ecuador. At 9:00 am approximate, we will arrive in Mojanda lagoon. After this, we will hike to the summit of Fuya-Fuya, 5 hours of hiking approximately. Fuya-Fuya partially collapsed about 165.00 years ago, creating a large caldera to the west. A new volcanic cone and other lava domes subsequently extruded into the caldera, probably during the late Pleistocene. We will be returning to Quito at 16:00 pm approximately.
Meals included: Lunch.
NOTE.– Minimum 2 people to run the tour!
DepartureQuito / Ecuador
Departure Time5 am
Return Time4 pm
IncludedActivitiesLand TransportationFees and entrances to parks and museumsMeals detailed in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAirport tranfer in & outInternational flight
- Private transportation
- Certified English-speaking national guide
- Visit the Mojanda Lagoon
- Hike to the summit of Fuya-Fuya
What is not included?
- Optional activities and food not mentioned in the program
- The order of the itinerary may change if necessary.
- At the time of the reservation, the entire payment per person is required (non-refundable)
- In case the passengers do not appear to take the tour or cannot travel for any reason, they will be considered as NO SHOW and a 100% penalty will apply.
- If the reservation is not paid in full, no service voucher is delivered.