EL ALTAR, YELLOW LAGOON TREKKING
Enjoy trekking the hidden trails used by multiple Indian groups including the Incas to reach the most sacred volcano in the region Altar, amazed yourself looking at magical nights full of stars while learning the ancient tales of the Andes. Dare yourself to reach to the horizon and beyond with the company of passionate and experimented guides.
DepartureQuito / Ecuador
IncludedActivitiesLand TransportationFees and entrances to parks and museumsMeals detailed in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAirport tranfer in & outInternational flight
DAY 1: HIKING TO EL ALTAR VOLCANO
El Altar is a volcano in Ecuador where you can practice trekking and climbing, an interesting route to visit the lagoons, like the beautiful Yellow Lagoon. We will start our adventure at 3:00 - 4:00 am approximately driving through beautiful landscapes. Then we will have breakfast on the way to Riobamba. Travel to Riobamba and arrive at Hacienda Releche at approximately 11:00 am and walk from Hacienda Releche to Capac Urcu Refuge. (Difficulty: Medium – Advanced / Hiking time: 7 hours approx.) At 18:00pm, we will have our Camping (Camping site is prepared, tents are set up), and the night will end at 19:00pm with a delicious dinner.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 2: YELLOW LAGOON
Start your second day at 3:00 am approx. and hike from the Capac Urcu refuge to the Yellow Lagoon / Walking time: 3 hours approx. (Difficulty: Medium – Advanced). Then, we will have our breakfast at the Yellow Lagoon at 6:00 am approx.
Descent from Laguna Amarilla to Hacienda Releche / Hiking time: 8 hours approx. (Difficulty: Medium – Advanced). After the hike, we will have our lunch at 14:00 pm approx. And our journey will finish at 16:30 pm approx., we will return to Riobamba and later to Quito.
Important: All the activities planned in this itinerary will be carried out by the guides and team of Inspiring Ecuador as long as the weather and safety conditions allow it for the 2 days of the tour.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Private transportation
- Certified English-speaking national guide
- Adventure Journeys support team
- Camping equipment (double and triple tents, sleeping bags, air mattress)
- Walking poles
- Muleteers and mules (Support for luggage loading)
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Hike to El Altar Volcano and Yellow Lagoon
- Important: If you require a simple accommodation tent, there is a surcharge of $7 USD
What is not included?
- Optional activities and food not mentioned in the program
- The order of the itinerary may change if necessary.
- At the time of the reservation, the entire payment per person is required (non-refundable)
- In case the passengers do not appear to take the tour or cannot travel for any reason, they will be considered as NO SHOW and a 100% penalty will apply.
- If the reservation is not paid in full, no service voucher is delivered.
- Comfortable backpack
- Comfortable and warm clothes
- Thermal hat and gloves
- Extra gloves (recommended)
- Rubber boots (highly recommended)
- Trekking boots (in case of not wearing rubber boots)
- Waterproof jacket or poncho
- Cap, glasses and sunscreen
- Camelbak hydration bottle
- Spare warm clothes for the refuge (protected in plastic covers)
- Personal toiletries