1. FIRST CLAUSE Payments:
AJ requires full payment to confirm the services, therefore:
● The invoice will be sent upon booking confirmation by email, 30% Deposit will be requested to confirm the booking.
● 70% Balance will be requested within 65 days before departure.
● Within 72 hours after sending the invoice we will request confirmation of payment receipt by email.
● Within 5 available days (maximum) after receiving the payment we will send final confirmation service’s voucher.
1.2. EXTRA SERVICES OR EXTENSIONS (LESS THAN 4 DAYS)
For passengers that purchase additional services or extensions of less than 4 days.
– Extra services (extra nights, day tours, flights, transfers) and extensions of less than 4 days 100% full payment will be requested in the invoice / Terms and conditions do not apply.
– Purchases made a day before; 100% immediate payment will be requested / Terms and conditions do not apply.
*Tailor made trips from 4 days onwards, stated terms and conditions apply.
*Extra services will not be confirmed until AJ receives 100% full payment.
1.3. PAYMENT METHODS
AJ offers USA bank account, PayPal and credit card as payment methods. USA bank account charges $40 fee for transaction, PayPal charges the 5.4% additional of the total amount of the transaction and Credit Card (Peek Pro payment platform) charges the 2.75% of the total amount. These fees are in no way from AJ as a company but subject to the companies that collect the
2. SECOND CLAUSE Insurance:
2.1 It is the responsibility of every traveler to be adequately insured against personal accidents and medical expenses during his/her trip to Ecuador, as well as having travel, trip cancellation, and baggage insurance to protect your travel investment.
3. THIRD CLAUSE Passports & Visas:
3.1. Passengers must be in possession of a passport valid for at least 6 months after date of travel. Additionally, all passengers are required to hold a valid visa wherever required. It is the passenger’s responsibility to check with the appropriate consulates as to the visa requirements and obtain proper travel documents before the trip. Visa fees are not included.
4. FOURTH CLAUSE Itinerary Disclaimer:
4.1. It is our intention to adhere to the itinerary described; however, due to our travel style, on occasions it may be necessary or desirable to make small changes.
Weather conditions and unpredictable local circumstances may lead us to make alterations to the route and/or travel times. Hotels and flight schedules might change according to availability. Any mention of specific wildlife in the itinerary or trip details is not a guarantee that it will be seen during the trip.
4.2. AJ reserves the right at any time to make changes to your trip arrangements (including flights, transport, hotels or other services). Such changes are often minor, but if not, we will advise you or your travel agent, prior departure.
5. FIFTH CLAUSE Suggested Tips Guide Lines:
Tipping is not mandatory but generally expected because most of the service providers appreciate it as an incentive for the quality of service delivered. There is an official 10% service tax, normally charged in restaurants, bars, hotels and the majority of services. However, for guides, drivers, and people related in tourism this tip is not considered. Therefore, AJ suggestions are the following.
In most cases, a tip of $10 US dollars is accepted for your AJ guide in Mainland Ecuador and $ 5 for your driver; however, these rates can vary when talking about the Galapagos since life in the Islands is much more expensive. In this case, we recommend a range of $10 for your naturalistic guide and $15 for your AJ trip leader. Kindly note that these ranges are per person per day.
SIXTH CLAUSE Accommodation & Transportation:
6.1. Adventure Journeys will reserve the right to substitute hotels for a similar or better category due to unforeseen operational requirements.
6.2. Most of our accommodation is based on double occupancy, in case of requirement of a single accommodation please check the supplement cost $ that will be varied depending of your trip.
6.3. Itinerary and Domestic Transportation: domestic transportation and flights are only at the discretion of the local land operators and are subject to change without notice.
7. SEVENTH CLAUSE Not included:
7.1. Passport and visa fees, foreign airport taxes and fees, U.S. departure taxes, excess baggage charges, baggage and personal insurance, gratuities, optional tours, beverages, other items and expenses of personal nature and any items not specifically mentioned in the itinerary or tour inclusions section.
7.2. Adventure Journeys reserves the right to adjust tour prices in the event of an unexpected increase in airfares, government taxes, and fees, fuel surcharges, entrance and park fees as well as currency fluctuations.
7.3. Galapagos Flights:
To maximize your adventure experience, Adventure Journeys has selected flights that fit perfectly with our operation and itineraries from Quito to The Galapagos. If you decide to fly to the Galapagos on your own on a different flight, or arriving and departing the islands before or after the tour dates, Adventure Journeys is not liable for:
– Arrivals to or departures from a different island and/or wrong airport to join the tour or leave the archipelago. There are two airports in the Galapagos: one on Baltra Island and the other on San Cristobal Island.
– Transportation outside of AJ services at the airports upon arrival and departure.
– Flight cancellations or flight schedule modifications.
– Additional expenses due to additional land and sea transportation required to join the tour.
– Missing any of our daily activities and visitor sites.
– The Traveler is fully responsible to meet our Airport Assistance Representative, at the given time and meeting point agreed with your Travel Supplier. Adventure Journeys is not responsible nor obliged to change its current itinerary, times and islands.
Furthermore, be advised that it will be necessary to pay an extra cost of $75 USD due to operational process.
8. EIGHTH CLAUSE Cancellations & Alterations:
Cancellations received at any time after the payment are subject to forfeiture of 100% of the payment amount. This will apply for trips with a special discount, trips booked with special offers on fixed departures and No-shows. This will also apply to clients that have purchased their trip through a third party.
8.1. CANCELLATION POLICY:
– Within 60 – 45 days prior to travel 35% cancellation (Except cruise elements).
– Within 44 – 30 days prior to travel 50% cancellation.
– Within 29 – 1 days prior to travel 100% cancellation.
– No shows 100% cancellation.
Important note: AJ cancellation policy will not apply with Galapagos cruises
due their individual cancellation policies.
8.2. CANCELLATIONS IN FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS SUCH AS COVID 19:
- FREE Reschedule or change of name option, will be available at all times until 30 Days before departure,
- FULL AMOUNT CREDIT NOTE available up to 30 Days before departure (valid 1-year calendar).
● Any change of itinerary or services before and during the trip will depend on availability and subject to 100% cancelation penalties of existing services.
● Any change of date for a future trip in the same conditions, it will only apply depending on availability and the charge will be $200 USD per person.
● Leaving the trip at any day/time after arrival will apply 100% cancellation.
9. NINTH Consumer disclosure and responsibility:
The Travel Agent/ Tour Operator, Adventure Journeys, acts as agent for the companies they represent, and consequence, accepts no responsibility for accidents, damage, baggage losses and/or delays due to strikes, weather, acts of governments or authorities, wars, criminal acts committed by third parties, hostilities, civil disturbances, riots, pilferage, defects of vehicles or breakdown in equipment, or to the fault or default of any company used for carrying out these tours. Nor shall Adventure Journeys be liable for any damage resulting directly or indirectly from delays, cancellation or changes in flights. In the event it becomes necessary or advisable, for the comfort or wellbeing of the passengers, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter the itinerary or arrangements, such alterations may be made without penalty to the Tour Operator. Additional expenses shall be borne by the passengers. No refund can be made for the absence from parts of the tour. The right is also reserved by the Tour Operator, at its absolute discretion, to refuse or cancel any person at any time, without being under obligation to assign a reason, therefore. In the event of the exercise of this right, the Tour Operator shall be under no liability to that person whatsoever. The airlines, rail and steamship companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any acts, omissions, or events during the time passengers are not aboard their aircraft and/or vessels. The passage contract in use by the companies concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the company and the purchase of these tours, and/or the passengers. Adventure Journeys reserves the right to cancel any tour, for any reason, prior to departure and cannot be held responsible for any damages resulting from said cancellation. In case of such tour cancellation by Adventure Journeys, a full refund of the monies paid to Adventure Journeys will be offered. There is no additional liability. Any dispute arising out of these tours will be settled in the courts of Ecuador under Ecuadorian laws.
The airlines concerned shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or irregularities which may be occasioned by reason of the defect or through the act or omissions of any person or company performing or rendering the services other than carriage by air, as described in the tour brochure. By utilizing the services of the suppliers, you agree that Adventure Journeys shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident or delay incurred by you or those traveling with you in connection with any accommodations, transportation or any other services resulting directly or indirectly from any acts or default of the suppliers or from any occurrence or conditions beyond the control of Adventure Journeys, including the defects of vehicles or breakdown in equipment. Nor shall Adventure Journeys be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident or delay resulting directly or indirectly from delays, cancellation or changes in flights, itineraries, schedules or other services, strikes, theft, sickness, weather, quarantine, criminal acts committed by third parties, acts of declared or undeclared war, or other causes. The services described in the tour brochure, other than carriage by the outlined airlines, are furnished by independent contractors who are not servants of our joint venture or partners with the airlines concerned.